Friday, November 4, 2011

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas....

I really love this time of year. The crispness in the air. The holiday music. The shopping. The cooking. The special time to treasure with family and friends. It's a busy time for me. I've already been busily cleaning, scrubbing and organizing, preparing for the Christmas season ahead. I would much rather be ahead of the game, instead of hurrying to find something on Christmas Eve. By being prepared and organized I'm able to enjoy the holidays with my family. One thing I strive for each and every year is to make the holidays as magical as I possibly can for my daughter. I enjoy being creative and finding things to do for my family. We have a few traditions we've started. Our favorite is what we like to call the Churchill Family Holiday Movie Nights. My husband and I are avid movie collectors(seriously it looks like a video store in our house. LOL), each year we write down all our holiday movies then figure out a movie "show time" based around work schedules and other events or things that we have to do. We typically watch about 3 movies a week.
Another thing I try and do is have at least one FUN event happen each week, starting the day after Thanksgiving. These things DO NOT need to cost a lot or any money at all. Just as long as you do SOMETHING as a family.
Over the next few weeks I will post traditions, schedules, tips and recipes to help your family enjoy the holidays as much as we do.


my blog signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Add your eBooks for free Offers wide range of eBooks organised by category or popularity. eBooks rating. Free eBooks.
Electronical eBooks in PDF.